Liza Hensleigh is a Program Manager for 65+ programs in the Americas, Caribbean, & Spain. Liza helps students prepare for study abroad, liaises with partner institutions & organizations, works with students overseas, and processes students' academic credit upon return to the U.S. In addition, she manages underrepresented student outreach and is part of the curriculum integration and Global Seminar teams.
Liza has been with CU-Boulder Study Abroad Programs since 2007 (previously as Lead Advisor) and in higher education since 2005. Liza won the CU-Boulder Community Brick Builder Award in 2006 and enjoys working with students. She studied politics and history in Nicaragua and issues of peace & conflict in Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania. She also has volunteered in the Dominican Republic, participated in a Rotary International Young Professionals exchange in Mexico, and sailed as staff on Semester at Sea.
She has traveled to 21 countries, 13 in the Americas & Caribbean, in addition to East Africa, Southeast Asia, Spain, & France. She holds a Master of Public Administration and a B.A. in International Affairs and Women & Gender Studies.
Program Management Portfolio (65+ programs):
- The Americas & Caribbean: Exchanges, CIEE, ISA, & KU programs
- Spain: Exchanges & ISA programs
Faculty-Led Global Seminars:
- Conservation Biology & Practice in Brazil's Atlantic Forest (Nazaré Paulista, Brazil)
- Democracy & Development in Bolivia (Coroico, Boliva)
- Ecology & Evolution in the Galápagos Islands (Ecuador)
- Gender, Race, & Tourism in Contemporary Cuba (Havana, Cuba) - even numbered years
- Gender, Race, & Political Economy in Cuba (Havana, Cuba) - odd numbered years